POLICY EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2014
For purposes of this Policy, "Personal Information" means any information by which you can be personally identified, and includes your name and address, age or date of birth, your e-mail address, number of children, your occupation, employment information, telephone number, education, the kind of service provided to you, your social security number, real property purchased, leased, or rented, bank account number, credit or debit card number, bank or investment account, debit card, or credit card balance, payment history, and information pertaining to your creditworthiness, assets, income or liabilities.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES IMT COLLECT?
When you visit and interact with the Website and/or use the RESIDENT KIOSK™, we may collect information about you in any of the following ways:
- You may voluntarily and actively submit information when you register for an account, submit a leasing application, submit a maintenance or service request, pay your rent, or use our Contact Us web form to send us a message
If you have used or do use both the Website and the RESIDENT KIOSK™, the Personal Information we collect is combined in our database so that we may maintain complete and accurate records about our interactions with you.
Information You Actively Submit
We do not obtain Personal Information about you when you visit our Website, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
The Website and RESIDENT KIOSK™ provide general information about the various properties managed by IMT and contain various features and services that may be utilized existing and prospective residents at our properties. You can browse, read or download the general information about IMT and its properties without providing us any Personal Information. But in order to use certain features of the Website or RESIDENT KIOSK™, it is necessary for you to register and create an account (“User Account”). When you register for an account, you will be required to identify the property at which you reside and enter your name, e-mail address, last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your Birth Date (“User Account Information”). You will also be required to create an account password.
If you submit a lease application or a maintenance or service request, we collect Personal Information that we will need in order to process your application or request.
If you are paying your rent through the Website or the RESIDENT KIOSK™, we collect your payment information (credit card data, debit card data or bank account data) for use in processing your payment.
If you submit our Contact Us web form, we collect the Personal Information you provide in the form to be able to interact with you and to respond to your message.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our Website to browse, read, or download information, IMT’s web server automatically collects information from your web browser such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it;
- date and time you access our site;
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site and, if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and
- the average time you spend on the Website, the pages you viewed and information you searched for and other relevant statistics about your use of the Website.
This information does not identify you personally, and we do not combine this information with any Personal Information that you may voluntarily and actively submit to us. We will not use this information to identify you individually, unless we must do so to investigate and/or remedy an issue of Website security, or if we are required to do so for law enforcement purposes.
Instead, we will use this information in the aggregate (combined with similar information collected from our other Website visitors) to help us analyze, maintain, and improve the Website, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, to help us make our site more accessible and useful, and to understand trends and patterns regarding the use of our Website.
Information Collected via Cookies
Most people do not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit the Website or most websites because browsers are often set to accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can turn off cookie placements.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
- Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign in to your User Account on the Website, we store your unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted session cookie on your hard disk. This cookie allows you to move from page to page at the site without having to sign in again on each page. When you sign out, these cookies are deleted from your computer.
- Storing Preferences and Settings. We may store preference and settings information in a cookie to customize the content and/or layout of the Website so that you will see relevant information when you return to the Website. This optimizes the speed of the Website and also can save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information every time you visit the site.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to block cookies. Instructions for blocking and deleting cookies in your browsers are available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Please be aware that if you choose to block or delete cookies, you may not be able to use certain interactive features of the Website that depend on cookies, and any settings and preferences controlled by deleted cookies will also be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Behavioral Targeting and Do Not Track Technology
IMT does not utilize cookies or other technologies for the purpose of tracking and collecting data about other websites you visit or your online web browsing habits and activities for IMT’s own marketing purposes. You may opt out of having you data pertaining to your use of this Website from being collected by Google Analytics as explained above in the section titled “Google Analytics.”
HOW DOES IMT USE AND DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
IMT collects, retains, uses and/or may disclose your Personal Information for any of the following reasons:
- to complete any transactions you may perform at the Website or RESIDENT KIOSK™, including the verification, billing, and debiting/charging/crediting of your credit card, bank account or other payment medium when you pay your rent and notifying you about the status of your transactions;
- to complete the leasing process;
- to process job applications;
- to request a credit report in connection with leasing or job applications;
- as permitted by law to perform credit checks or to report or collect debts owed;
- to act upon and to contact you in response to your service requests, inquiries, comments and suggestions or otherwise when necessary;
- to provide you with information and notices relating to the property where you reside or any other IMT Residential property, and various services available to you at your or other properties;
- for special promotions, contests or survey registrations that you choose to participate in;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to notify visitors about updates to the Website or RESIDENT KIOSK™;
- to notify you about promotions, special offers, etc., regarding products and services provided by IMT or our affiliates or partners;
- to connect you with third party service providers on behalf of IMT;
- To share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our affiliates and/or business partners;
- To share data with our affiliates and/or business partners to assist us in maximizing our business potential;
- To update your User Account with any information we receive from you or from third- parties about you; and
- otherwise for IMT’s internal business purposes.
Additionally, IMT may disclose your Personal Information and the contents of your communications if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of us and others, including among other things to enforce the terms of these Terms; (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users, residents or the public; (4) to correct technical problems and malfunctions on the Website and to technically process your information; (5) to take precautions against liability; (6) to respond to claims that you have violated the rights or interests of a third party; or (7) as permitted by law or to provide information to law enforcement agencies.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed, sold or otherwise transferred if IMT or its business is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against IMT, or if IMT becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
Third Party Services and Websites
IMT utilizes and/or contracts with various third parties in conjunction with various offerings and services available on the Website and/or through the RESIDENT KIOSK™.
In some cases, by accessing one of these third party services, you will be taken to the website of that third party. This includes the, the Connect Utilities Online service provided by WhiteFence.com, Renters Insurance service available at www.eresidentinsurance.com, and the career search and application function provided by icims.
Personal information collected on the Website or through the RESIDENT KIOSK™ may also be disclosed to third parties with whom IMT contracts to operate, maintain and/or repair the Website and/or the RESIDENT KIOSK™. These third party contractors have agreed with IMT to use Personal Information of Website visitors only for the purposes of carrying out these operations on behalf of IMT and not for their own purposes.
Personal Information collected on the Website or through the RESIDENT KIOSK™ may be disclosed to third parties for the purpose and in the course of processing the transactions and requests you have made. Personal Information will be provided to:
- your financial institution and/or to payment processors in order to process payment transactions
- credit reporting agencies in conjunction with lease or job applications
- a lease documentation company
- maintenance/repair service companies in order to complete your maintenance and/or service requests
- marketing companies that IMT contracts with to perform marketing functions on behalf of IMT
- survey companies that conduct surveys for and on behalf of IMT
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
On the Website and through the RESIDENT KIOSK™, you may access to the most current and updated User Account Information we have on record for you through the My Account and Lease Details page. On your My Account and Lease Details page, you have the ability to edit and change your User Account Information at any time.
In addition, you can contact us to request that we provide you with the Personal Information we have in our records about you, including a list of third parties to which we have shared or disclosed personal information as set forth in this policy. We reserve the right to limit the number of times such a request can be made and to charge you for responding to such requests if this process is misused or abused. To inquire about your personally identifiable information in our records please:
Send an e-mail with your current information to: email@example.com; or
send a request in writing with your current information to: IMT Residential – 15303 Ventura Blvd, Suite 200, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403.
If you become aware that Personal Information in our records is inaccurate, incomplete, or incompatible with the purposes for which it was provided or subsequently authorized by you, you should first attempt to correct the information through your My Account page. If you are unable to do so, please notify us using the contact information provided above.
Send an e-mail with your current information to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Send a message using our Contact Us web form; or
Send a request in writing with your current information to: IMT Residential – 15303 Ventura Blvd, Suite 200, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION